Converting a Closet to a Wine Room
Let Bracksco help you convert ...
via a custom designed layout from your dimensions. Here is
the actual layout
for the customer wine room shown above, which is smaller than 3½
x 6 feet and holds 510 bottles on VintageView wine racks from Bracksco!
Points of interest:
- This is an actual layout diagram we produced (at no charge) for a Bracksco
Wine Nook customer from the supplied dimensions for the closet shown above.
- We consider 24" the minimum distance for walking through wine racks, so
the fixed dimensions of the room dictated that we would use 2-deep racks on
the sides instead of 3-deep (can't do that with traditional racking!).
If the room had been 8 or more inches wider, we could have used 3-deep on both
sides, increasing bottle capacity.
- Note how the corners are handled. By using 1-deep VintageView racks
in corners, you don't lose the corner space, as you would with traditional
racking. You can still get to the 3-bottle deep racks on the rear wall,
while taking advantage of side wall space for 1-deep racking.
- Because there was a little extra room on the walls, this customer chose to
have a set of magnum racks installed on one side, which require an extra two inches.
- Racking cost as shown: around $1800 (delivered) for the 510 bottles.
The cost per bottle would be lower if we could have used 3-deep racks all
- If the room depth had been six or more inches smaller, we might have
interlaced the four side racks,
requiring up to 19% less space for the same number of bottles.
- We offer the complete line of Breezaire wine room coolers, starting at
under $750 (plus actual shipping). This customer specified the location
for the cooler as shown, though normally it would be on the center of one of
- We can help you with insulation and other requirements, too. See
Building a Wine Room or call to ask questions.
- View more sample designs.
For MORE INFORMATION or TO ORDER
Call 888-327-0637 Mon to Fri 9am to 6pm ET
and WEEKENDS through Christmas
(In Raleigh, NC, and outside USA, please call 919-847-1201.)